Oh my goodness, I’m having so many problems with the new journal blog.
First, most of the posts aren’t showing up for some reason and I have no idea why.
Second, I’m having trouble re-writing posts in the past tense. It just doesn’t capture the same excitement I had in the moment.
Third, the doubling up of blogs and posts is very time-consuming and tedious work. I’ve realised it would take me forever to catch up with posts. Especially since I want to include new posts as well.
So, I’m going to stick with this blog because it captures my journey with junk journaling in real-time.
This means I’m going to make quite a few changes to this blog. I’m going to cut out anything that isn’t journal related, I’m going to redesign it, and I’m going to hopefully take it in a slightly new direction where I include posts about journaling in general. Why I do it, why I love it, my journaling process, etc. And I hope to include interviews, tutorials, and giveaways.
I’m also going to have to come up with a new name. I’d really appreciate your help with this so I have a few options that you can vote for. I’ve included a bit of the reasoning behind them:
- Junk Journal Treasures – Pretty self-explanatory; I create journals that are also treasures.
- Fairy Wren – This one’s more symbolic since I love fairy wrens and the colour blue.
- Sparkle Journal or Sparkle Journals – Because I love anything glittery and it has a bit of a rhyme.
- Willow – Another symbolic one. I used to love playing in a weeping willow. It was magical and a special memory, so this captures the magic of journals and memory keeping.
- Fairy Light Journals – Symbolic again. I used to have fairy lights on my bedroom ceiling. Again, it was magical and another special memory.It was unique and I like the idea of each journal being unique for each person.
- Journal Heaven – A tribute to the love of journals.
- Sapphire Slippers – Very symbolic and a play on ruby slippers where a journal feels like home. Also, stepping into magical worlds.
- Bluebird or Blue Butterfly – Again, because I love blue and these are my things. I collect them and always ask for them in happy mail.
Okay, so I’ve been playing around with so many ideas. Please help – hehe!
Please let know which name you like best and why. I’m trying to capture a certain feeling with the name to show what journaling is about for me: memories, a home, beauty, inspiration, magic, writing, creativity, etc.
Thanks so much for sticking with me and please bear with me as I make some changes to this blog over this next stage.