I finally bought the tools to bookbind my own journals and had a go.
I’d been putting this off for a while because it looked too complicated and I thought it would be really tedious to do that sewing.
But after making junk journals from spiral bound books, I’m come to the limits of the pre-bound book and needed to move on to the quality of sewn binding.
I found a simple enough looking way to bind on YouTube and I got started.
First I experimented with just a single signature to bind. I used a thin hardbound cover and this is how it turned out:
It was much easier than I thought. The next test: binding multiple signatures.
I’ll share that in the next post.